Jane, I have reviewed your exercise and make the corrects below in red. It was very well done. I understand what you are saying. Please pay more attention to proper use of the plural and singular form of names.
Unit 7 Hurricane
1. What a hurricane is and where and how it is formed.A hurricane is a powerful, spiraling tropical storm that from(s) in the North Atlantic Ocean, the North Pacific Ocean east of the dateline, or the South Pacific Ocean east of 160E. Hurricane need(s) warm tropical oceans, moisture and light winds above them. If the right conditions last long enough, a hurricane can produce violent winds, incredible waves, torrential rains and floods.
2. How many categories are used and how they are described to classify hurricanes.Hurricanes are ranked from 1(least dangerous) to 5(extremely dangerous):The table is omitted due to format problem.
3. How hurricanes are named.Hurricane are given boy’s and girl’s name when they are formed. (A hurricane is given a boy's or a girl's name when it is formed.) This makes it easy for scientists and the general public to communicate. A Hurricane name are is retired after a really bad storm so that there is no confusion when people talk about another particular storm.
4. How to protect yourself from dangerous of hurricane.Before a hurricane comes, you need to make sure that you have all item listed on the supply list; check to make sure all emergency equipment is (are) in good and in working order; make sure that you have enough supplies last for two weeks; if you are disable or need transportation to a public shelter register in advance with your towns. During the hurricane, especially when the center of the eye passes through your area, stay indoors.
Jane has done the following exercise, which is quite good. My comments are in blue
1. What problems does the government face? How can they be dealt with?
I think, recently, the government face two questions. Firstly, population is aging. Secondly, the government should continue to monitor and control overheating and overcapacity sectors of the economy, such as property. I think currently the government faces two main problems. Firstly, the country's population is aging. Secondly, how the overheating economy and the speculation of the properties market can be monitored and controlled.
2. What does tourism bring to China?
Firstly, the development of economy.(or economy growth?) secondly, exchange of different culture. Thirdly, obtaining more information. Tourism brings benefits to China in three different areas: economic growth, cultural exchanges and obtaining information.
3. Where do you like to visit on your holidays? And tell us your reason.
I like to landscape on my holidays, especially went to natural scenic by car. Because I can breath fresh air and relax body. On my holidays, I like to go to the countryside by car and see the the natural scenery and landscape. By doing that I can breathe fresh air and relax my body.
4. How do you spend your holidays?
If the time enough, I will going back to my parents home, and stay with them. If the time is short, I will hang out in supermarket or have a tea with friends. Maybe do some sports in gym. If time permits, I will go back to my parent's home (in where) and stay with them for a few days. Otherwise, I will go to buy groceries in supermarkets or have a cup of tea with my friends or do some exercises in the gymnasium. (Jane, please try to avoid using slang such as "hang out" in formal writing. It actually means being in a place or doing something without a purpose such as "he hangs out in the bar drinking" or "he hangs out with gangsters")